Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Flame Skate Customs

Hi, I'm the sole proprietor of Flame Skate Customs. This is my third semester at Oasis Skateboard Factory. This board is the 8th personal branded board I've done here at OSF. This semester I changed my brand from anarchy based destruction to a focus on more custom woodworking, shapes and clean graphics. The theme of this Welcome Skateboards inspired shape is inspired by my new Flame Customs branding elements.

This board was pressed from 7 plies of hard rock Canadian Maple that I jig-sawed out from a standard 8.25” Roarockit street deck. The graphic features a nice red fade from the nose down past the truck holes and a similar flame shooting upwards from the tail tying in my brand colours. The logo was created with a handmade tape stencil and sprayed with two shades of Montana Black brand spray paint. The Elements & Principles of Design demonstrated in the creation of the this deck include Analogous Colour (Red & Orange) and Balance (colour spray on nose and tail are the same colour).

My first board for my updated Flame Skate Customs brand communicates that I now like to focus on custom shapes and clean graphics. I like how this board turned out, the shape and graphic demonstrated that less is more and simple is best. This semester I’m looking forward to creating new shapes and developing characters (like the Spitfire characters) for my brand.