Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School!
This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program, where students earn high school credits by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio, now offers even more SK8 Entrepreneurship Opportunities & New Courses including SK8 & Art Co-ops, Native SK8 Studies, Physical Arts & Mindful Living...
OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF): TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!
APPLY NOW!!! (*Info Sessions are held every Wednesday at 9AM in the OSF Classroom during the school year.)
JUNE 29th UPDATE: OSF is now CLOSED FOR SUMMER and will reopen September 4th. We will be doing an Info Session for the remaining spaces on our student design team Wednesday Sept. 5th at 9AM in the OSF Classroom Room 3, 707 Dundas St. W.
* ALL New and Returning OSF Students must come claim their preregistered spot and be timetabled Thursday Sept. 6th 10:30AM to 1:00PM. Mandatory Orientation for ALL STUDENTS Friday Sept. 7th 10:30AM to 1:00PM, with full day classes and projects starting Monday September 10th.
If you need assistance during the summer you can reach our Office Administrator at 416-393-9830
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Registration Info for Sept. 2010
OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY Information Sessions for Sept. 2010 Registration:
9:00 AM on Wednesdays, May 19, 26 & June 9, 16, 23 in the classroom, Room 3 of the Scadding Court Community Centre (707 Dundas Street West at Bathurst). Students wanting to apply to the Oasis Skateboard Factory for the 2010-2011 School Year must show up on time to hear about the program and the application process.
Student Intake Criteria:
- TDSB student wanting a fresh start (or out of school)
- 16+ years of age
- Low credit accumulation & need the credits offered (mostly Gr. 9/10/11 English/Media, Business/Entrepreneurship &
- Able to learn independently & participate as a contributing team member in a community setting
- Not requiring one-to-one or intensive special education support
- ***Demonstrated interest in visual arts or design, street art and skateboard culture