Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

THUMPER



Hello. I’m 17 years old and I guess you can say I love skateboarding and the culture of it.

The theme of my board is a Robot/Bunny (Thumper). My inspiration for making this board is based on my experience in grade 7; I’d tap my foot a lot and drove the teacher crazy, ha-ha, and people would tell me “STOP THUMPER” and from there it just became my Alter-Ego.

The materials I used in this board were 7 layers of maple hard wood and I vacuumed pressed them to seal everything nice and tight. I stained it for a natural look. I stencilled it and then gave it two layers of spray paint in black and white. What I thought I could have done better in making this board is to be more patient and slow down and to fill in more of the negative spaces.

I’m proud of the first board I every made and what this experience can do for me in the near future. I’m going to put this board on my wall, not riding it or thrashing it, because to me this first board is a piece of art!