Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School!

This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program, where students earn high school credits by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio, now offers even more SK8 Entrepreneurship Opportunities & New Courses including SK8 & Art Co-ops, Native SK8 Studies, Physical Arts & Mindful Living...APPLY NOW!!! (*Info Sessions are held every Wednesday at 9AM in the OSF Classroom during the school year commencing September 6, 2017.)

UPDATE: OSF is now closed for summer and messages will not be returned until we reopen on Sept. 5. SPACES ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR SEPTEMBER REGISTRATION! To apply, come to our Wednesday, Sept. 6 9:00AM Info Session.


Saturday, March 3, 2012

Adventure Time


I am 17 years old turning 18 in May and I’ve been attending Oasis Skateboard Factory for a semester now. I like it more because we do a lot more art than my old school.

My skateboard graphic is a character from a T.V show called “Adventure Time”. I saw this in a episode on TV and thought that it would be a dope graphic on a board, and because it's just an epic face and it makes me laugh.

Some of my inspirations are Banksy, Sheppard Fairy, and kind of just mostly my friends because I really like their techniques and styles and what they are drawing and putting out into the world. There really isn’t any meaning in this board, it was just a graphic I thought would be funny.

The materials are 7 layers of 100% Canadian maple wood, pressed and whittled down all by hand. I used 8 stencils on this board and it was sprayed with Montana and Belton paint then sealed with clear gloss.

I am really hyped that I got to make a board and everything. It’s a really amazing and life changing experience, but I feel if I spent a bit more time on it I could have done a better job. I don’t plan on skating it or anything anyway cause I want to keep it for memories of when I’m not at this school. Overall was a really amazing experience that I hope a lot more kids will get to do, learn and make.