Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Adventure Time


I am 17 years old turning 18 in May and I’ve been attending Oasis Skateboard Factory for a semester now. I like it more because we do a lot more art than my old school.

My skateboard graphic is a character from a T.V show called “Adventure Time”. I saw this in a episode on TV and thought that it would be a dope graphic on a board, and because it's just an epic face and it makes me laugh.

Some of my inspirations are Banksy, Sheppard Fairy, and kind of just mostly my friends because I really like their techniques and styles and what they are drawing and putting out into the world. There really isn’t any meaning in this board, it was just a graphic I thought would be funny.

The materials are 7 layers of 100% Canadian maple wood, pressed and whittled down all by hand. I used 8 stencils on this board and it was sprayed with Montana and Belton paint then sealed with clear gloss.

I am really hyped that I got to make a board and everything. It’s a really amazing and life changing experience, but I feel if I spent a bit more time on it I could have done a better job. I don’t plan on skating it or anything anyway cause I want to keep it for memories of when I’m not at this school. Overall was a really amazing experience that I hope a lot more kids will get to do, learn and make.