Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

MHE Media



I was at OSF for just one semester, but I wish I were able to stay for at least one more.  Over the past five months, I’ve been able to bring my passion for photography, skateboarding and entrepreneurship together within a one-of-a-kind school environment. 

My personal deck is the first step in branding my own media business, one that will specialize in photography and videography.  As this past semester went along, I was able to have more opportunities to capture the events and daily happenings at OSF.  As I started getting more camera gear, I also developed my technique and became not only better, but also more confident when shooting.

I designed my deck to reflect my passion for photography, with a 35mm filmstrip running from end-to-end, and with a 70s style wood stain to reference what I think was a really influential period in photography. The lettering style for MHE Media was collaboration with TRNE TRKS.  I was happy with his clean lettering and style, choosing colours that would pop and stand out from the rest of the board.