Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, April 26, 2014

ARMOR



Hi this is my first semester at OSF. I was proud of my experience at another alternative school but now I'm graduating from OSF with an even greater sense of achievement. This my first skateboard I've made. I have been absorbing the skate culture that I haven't been involved with before and this community has immediately welcomed me into it. My first board is an introduction to my new brand ARMOR which represents wearing the style you're already comfortable with as protection from all the world throws at you. Being comfortable in your skin, and letting people know what you are all about. The products for my brand let you put on new armour to face the world.

This board is made up of seven layers of Canadian maple veneer that I glued and pressed together. Shaping and sanding this board was a lot more work than I expected, but it was still something that I enjoyed. I put my brand logo word mark on the finished board using spray paint that I stencilled through masking tape. Cutting it out was nerve-racking, but it turned out a lot more clean than I thought it would. I think it looks really awesome!

The next step for ARMOR is to expand my brand with more graphics with bolder ideas. I'm looking forward to working on stickers, t-shirts and more boards to see how big my brand can be.