Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Funkified


I’m from Ottawa and moved here like 3 months ago or something. I found out about this program before I moved here and thought it would be pretty sick. The theme for my graphic, as you can see, is Del The Funkee Homosapien because he is too ill.

The colours in the background are to bring out his image. I used rolled on acrylic paint for the background and then sponged acrylic for the image of Del and his name. I used patterned lines and bright colours that I think flow nicely with the deck.

What I am trying to communicate through this longboard design is that Del is awesome and that’s about it. I think my first skateboard is ok. That’s all I have to say about that.