Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fat Cap


I am twenty years old and I go to the Oasis Skateboard Factory. Here I have learned how to build my own skateboard and start my own skateboard line. I picked Fat Cap Skateboards for my brand name because my line is based on street art and I just like the way fat caps spray messy (just like me ha ha!).

One of the things I liked about my skateboard was the colours. I wanted to make the drips look slimy and dirty so I used a gross looking green and splattered yellow paint over top to make a grimy effect. The effect I got looked nice but messy which works with the graffiti theme of my brand.

I am really happy the way my skateboard turned out. I am excited about starting my next board. For those of you that are interested in seeing more of my skateboard line, check back to the site!