Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hendrix


I’m the student rep at the Oasis Skateboard Factory and this is my first term in the program. For my first board I built a pintail longboard with a slight nose and kick. It has a black and white two layer Jimi Hendrix stencil on it and psychedelic spray painting in the back round. My inspiration for this board was Jimi himself. The theme of this board: music is powerful!

The board is made of 100% Canadian Maple. My graphic has contrast (white and black stencil) and variety because I used a few different music notes in it.

I am trying to communicate that music is important and that artists should not be forgotten after they’re gone. When working on this board I learned how to properly make multi-level stencils and I learned not to shave too far when trying to even the sides of the board.

I’m looking forward to starting my next board!