Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

4EV3R


I'm a skateboarder and artist. This is my first independent board; this board was for my new brand. I wanted to do something simple because my first board for Bamboo SK8, was very detailed and took a very strenuous process to complete.

This board is just black with my logo 4EV3R, which is just an outline in white. The white and black theme is one of my favourites because it’s simple, bold and high contrast at the same time, so that’s where I went with my first graphic. I made the logo large and across the almost middle of the board, like simple skateboard designs commonly used in the industry. Most board companies like Blind, Element, Mystery, etc. have a solid background color and their logo, which is an easy, simple and effective design for a board graphic. I just wanted the logo to stand out, the name of my brand being the main focus and nothing to distract from the name.

My next board will actually have an image, but for this one I just wanted it to be simple. I’m happy with how it turned out and I am eager to move on to my next project.