Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School!

This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program, where students earn high school credits by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio, now offers even more SK8 Entrepreneurship Opportunities & New Courses including SK8 & Art Co-ops, Native SK8 Studies, Physical Arts & Mindful Living...APPLY NOW!!! (*Info Sessions are held every Wednesday at 9AM in the OSF Classroom during the school year commencing September 6, 2017.)

UPDATE: OSF is now closed for summer and messages will not be returned until we reopen on Sept. 5. SPACES ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR SEPTEMBER REGISTRATION! To apply, come to our Wednesday, Sept. 6 9:00AM Info Session.


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tiefz Tut


I like to skateboard, make music and draw.  I create weird art.  It’s a mix of a bunch of things, weird four-eyed creatures, Japanese inspired designs.  I like to draw weird characters and incorporate them into my skateboard design.  Hopefully I’ll have my own brand in the future and be an established painter.

I got inspired for this board by a few of my drawings of many-eyed creatures and then saw a thing on TV about Egypt.  I thought it would be cool to do a Egyptian-style toon.  The board is maple and I wood burned the image on.  I didn’t really see anyone doing wood burning at OSF this year, so I thought it would be really nice to try it on my board.  I focused on the use of line, using different shapes and repetitions of shapes and the movement of the lines themselves.  I was trying to show it is cool to use different things, and change everyday images into something new. 

I learned wood burning and it is a really unique skill!  I feel really accomplished with this board because I learned a new skill and challenged myself to use an image that isn’t normally seen in skateboard art...and it turned out really well!!!