Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Vines

























I am a student at Oasis Skateboard Factory.  This is my first semester.  I really love long boarding and music. My inspiration for the board was the shape of the vines.  I wanted to highlight the shape of the board because I really like making custom shaped boards. The vines flow with the board, and the gold thorns are a bit of detail to help the graphic stick out.  

The board is made of 7 ply, hard Canadian maple.  Cut outs were made with a belt sander to avoid wheel bite.  Then the board was sanded and sprayed black, and the white vines were added as an overlay, and the gold mist was sprayed.  The thorns were then cut out and sprayed.  I used shape and contrast to make the design pop.  

I really like the board, and I felt like it helped me learn a couple of new techniques for board making.  I enjoyed modifying the board into a shape that comfortable for me, and fits my style of riding.