Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, October 30, 2014

GOBZ

























This is my first semester at OSF. I love OSF because it doesn't feel like regular school. My brand is Gobz. Gobz exists to unleash people's dark side/inner mischievous being. I always been fascinated by goblins, ever since I was little. I like goblins because they are mischievous and I can relate to that. I'm inspired by the Green Goblin from Spider Man and fantasy themed artwork like Dungeons and Dragons.

To make this board I pressed Canadian maple veneers in a vacuum bag. Then I belt sanded it smooth on the edges, bevelled the edges and sanded the surface. The graphic was made by an 8 layer tape stencil. I chose green and black because those are my signature colours. My shoes, my board, my room- everything is black and green. I used purple as a background colour because it makes the goblin face pop. The speckles add texture and tone to make it a more interesting background.

Making this board was fun. Next time I will be more patient and take more time in-between layers. I will also plan out my stencils a little more. I think my board turned out good and I'm proud of it.