Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, October 30, 2015

Shred Empire!


My brand name is Shred Empire.  The theme of my skateboard is a 3D cartoon/ comic art effect.  My inspiration is the beautiful street art around my community. Also, the murals and underground graffiti really caught my interest.  I used different types of techniques to create my graphics.  I used spray paint to layer the background one by one.  Then I proceeded to create the outline and details with a sharpie ink pen. I played with the contrast by making the background bright orange to make the white and black letters stand out.  My artwork was signed with my friends’ tags to give the idea of a crew of creative skaters.

My personal response to my first skateboard is that I learned a lot in the process. I feel like I have a lot to improve on when it comes to applying the graphics cleanly. For example, I now know that I should draw with clean hands and not touch the paint with dirty fingers!