Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Flame Skateboards



Image may contain: 1 person

















I am the artist who created Flame Skateboards. I am currently working with artists for a show at the Gladstone Hotel. I also work with clients and make custom boards and graphics. I do wood burning and spray paint stencils. Flame Skateboards exists to burn down barriers that prevent you from skating where you want. I designed the board using my logo including a character inside the flame with a Skateboard, so it's dropping in on a half pipe. While the rest of the board is painted with layered triangles of my brand colours. 
I wanted to try a abstract design with spray paint that makes the board look chaotic but cool.
To achieve this design I used a piece of veneer cut into triangles for the layers. I used a tape stencil for the half pipe and character logo. I used hot colours such as red orange and yellow contrasted on black, all of which are brand colours. These design elements communicate a rebellious and chaotic environment. 
What I learned through this process is how to make abstract art with spray paint and triangles. I really love how it turned out. I hope to make a line of skateboards for my brand using this new technique.
@flameskateboardz