Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, November 2, 2018

Sinsation Season 2:


SINSATION I’m 17 and this is my second semester at OSF. Sinsation exits to trespass on highfashion. My brand is about being iconic and is inspired by my sense of fashion. I want to bring an element of elegance to street wear and skating.

To start off the year Sinsation has created a cutting edge Holographic Skateboard. The repeating text was inspired by album covers, and the graphic gives off an overall clean and modern feel.

This Board was pressed using Roarocket technology to laminate the 7 veneers of Canadian Maple, the board was woodworked by hand. The Board was then covered with a sheet of Holographic Vinyl. I taped on top of the vinyl and traced on the lettering. I cut the tape stencil out by hand then peeled off the negative space, the board was then sprayed with Montana black and sealed matte. The hope with the matte finish is to draw a contrast between the shine on the letters and the rest of the board. The final step was peeling up the tape to reveal the holographic effect underneath.

I’d say this has been my most labour intensive project so far at OSF, I feel I’ve progressed since last semester when I was doing much simpler designs.
Seeing the vision I had in my head for this board go from paper to reality was nerve-racking... I wanted this board to be perfect every step of the way, and even though it took time it’s always worth it to have a finished product you’re proud of. Moving forward I hope to grow my brand by producing a line of clothing and other fun merch.