Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School!
This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program, where students earn high school credits by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio, now offers even more Entrepreneurship Opportunities & New Courses including SK8 & Art Co-ops...APPLY NOW!!! (*Info Sessions held every Wednesday at 9AM in the OSF Classroom during the school year. Our upcoming OSF Application Deadline is May 30 for a September 2014 Start.)

UPDATE: APPLY NOW FOR SEPTEMBER!
Oasis Skateboard Factory is holding two Registration Sessions for creative youth wanting to participate in an on the spot design experience to earn a pre-registered place in this alternative school design program starting September 2014:
- Wednesday April 23, 4-6PM
- Wednesday May 7, 4-6PM
Please bring your credit counselling summary and any samples of work to help us get to know you.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chubby


I’ve been attending the Oasis Skateboard Factory for a year and a half and I just produced my first custom board. The board is more focused on the shape because I carved my own completely original mould rather than the graphic itself. The graphic is only two lines: the purple one is in the centre with a thinner white one slightly to the side. I feel this gave it a classic kind of surfboard look. A board I saw at Roarockit called the Chubby Racer was my inspiration for this deck.

I used a number of materials on this board: three different sandpapers, a sanding belt, sand tipped drill bit, a Styrofoam mould, vacuum press, spray paint, seven plies of Canadian maple, and wood sealer. I like this board. I spent a lot of time and effort shaping it and making the wheel wells (it took an entire day to do these alone!).

I am proud of this board. It’s the only one of the eight boards I have produced here so far at the factory that I plan on riding and I can’t wait. I am graduating this semester but I hope I can stay connected to this program. It’s a great place full of creative people I am also applying for a grant to continue the company I started while in the program. Good luck to all future students and try and take advantage of the program.