Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, March 12, 2015

AHK: first branded board from another new Sem 2 OSF Student


Hi my name is Ryan and my brand is AHK which stands for "All Hour Killaz". My brands exists to "Crush, Create & Collaborate" with local artists from the graffiti world. My first board is a mini for cruising through Toronto's streets. The graphic shows a guy in a ski mask holding a spraypaint can behind his back as if he's hiding it. I designed the character as an expression of my art style which is inspired by old Looney Toons cartoons. 

To make this board I pressed 7 layers of Canadian maple in a Roarockit vacuum bag. I shaped it with scrapers and sandpaper. I applied the graphic using stencils and spraypaint. I used paint marker for the outline. I spraypainted the bottom of the board blue with drips to balance the placement of the graphic. 

I'm happy with how this board turned out as my first board. I learned not to press as hard when cutting out the stencil because it leaves deep cuts on the board. I'm looking forward to coming up with more designs for AHK future projects. I came to OSF this semester from a regular highschool and this projects was my first successful school project this year! I'm excited to continue making artwork at OSF.