Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Monday, March 23, 2015

Demewnic




















Hi this is my first semester at OSF. My brand is Demewnic which a play on the word Demonic with a feline twist.  My brand exists to take all things cute and turn them into you worst nightmares. My graphic on my first board is an image of a human wearing a severed cathead mask leaning against a tree in a moody environment.

I used lots of red and black to communicate the dark elements of my brand. I made the graphic with spraypaint and paint marker. I made the actual board out of Canadian maple. This was the first thing I made out of wood and I’m really stoked to ride it!

I learned to make sure every surface you do not want to spray is covered with paper so that you don’t get overspray, which is difficult to fix. On my next board I will be more careful spraypainting and manage my time better so I’m not rushed. Overall, I have learned more in a month at OSF than my whole previous high school experience, from designing and creating my own brand and the related teamwork and communication skills. I can’t wait to freak people out with my next branded creation!