Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

A double-sided longboard from Passion Panda





I love tattooing and skateboarding.  My brand name is Passion Panda.  It’s a brand that is about being unique and creating your own style...being passionate in your own distinct style.  The panda reflects both sides of the skating world:  there is a rougher more aggressive side, and then a softer side to skating, just like a panda.  Pandas are a perfect way to reflect those two things, to balance them together.
This board’s theme is a new school tattoo.  Tatooing is my favourite style of art, it captivates and inspires me as an artist to aim for a cleaner style.  Tatoos are permeante on skin so you can’t mess up, and they inspire me to not mess up because you never know who is going to see it.  
I have a way of using colour to represent emotions.  I used specific colours on this board to represent specific emotions and feelings to represent myself, to give the person looking at it a better idea of what I was thinking when I made the board.  I used 7-ply Canadian maple.  I applied a stain first, then stencilled the design on top.  Spray paint was used as a base, and then paint markers were used to give it more of a fade look.  
This board is a symbol of inspiration to inspire people to do what they want to do.