Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Sakie x Flatface Fingerboards











When Mike Schneider (owner of Flatface Fingerboards) first asked me to do this board for him, he just gave me complete artistic freedom. I was so excited about this opportunity that I couldn't decide what kind of graphic to do at first, although he did want it to be wood burned. I decided that the board had to have my artist name, Sakie, on it so I put it on the tail of the board. I knew that I had to put the Flatface logo on it as well, you can see it at the nose of the board. The I 3 U cat face is one of my favorite characters that I have drawn and I have included it in many of my other pieces. I thought it would be appropriate, and I wrote Flatface in my style and font underneath. All of the wood burning was done by hand with a professional wood burning tool. I am really happy with the way this board came out. Thanks again Mike.