Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School!

This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program, where students earn high school credits by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio, now offers even more SK8 Entrepreneurship Opportunities & New Courses including SK8 & Art Co-ops, Native SK8 Studies, Physical Arts & Mindful Living...

APPLY NOW!!! (*Info Sessions are held every Wednesday at 9AM in the OSF Classroom during the school year.)


Monday, January 7, 2013

The Snot Rocket


Hey, I’ve been going to Oasis Skateboard Factory for about a semester now. I found out about it through a former student last year, when I also started skating so I thought why not? My favorite thing about OSF is that it is filled with opportunities. The first custom board I made was a custom-shaped mini-cruiser which no previous student got to do as their first board: an amazing opportunity on its own! 

My skateboard is an Ed Roth, Rat Fink, old hot rod style piece. The custom mini shape of the board is chopped like a hot rod itself with a flame on the nose, and the wacky fuzzy booger is the grimy adrenaline-crazed character that every Ed Roth graphic has. The board is made of 7-ply Canadian maple and pressed using Roarockit’s trademarked vacuum technology. It was shaped  using a jigsaw and hand painted with paint-marker and spray paint. 

I’m quite satisfied with how my board ended up and I’m currently debating whether or not to skate it. As for what I learned.... paint-marker fixes everything!