Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, October 22, 2017

FLAME SKATEBOARDS


Image may contain: 1 person, outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, outdoor
I’m 16 years old and live in Toronto. Its my first year at OSF. I started going to OSF because I really enjoy skating and art. My brand is Flame Skateboards. We exist to burn the rules where skateboarding has been outlawed in a fun and playful way. This is my first board for my brand.

My inspiration for the flame graphic on this mini retro shaped board came from the brand Spitfire. I made a tape stencil and sprayed the two sides of the flames before spraying the centre with a fade. The black background provides contrast and make flames pop. On the reverse grip tape side I was inspired Supra’s army style font and made a stencil out of the leftover grip backing. I made the “E” relate to the bottom graphic by having it shaped like a flame.
I really like how my first board turned out. I feel like I should have made the flame graphic asymmetrical to fit in my brand name, but at least it’s branded on the grip tape side. I am looking forward to developing a board series with different graphics that all use flames as part of the visual motif of my new brand.