Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, October 22, 2017

LONE WOLF SKATE


Image may contain: 1 person, standing




















I'm 16, I street skate and this is my first semester at OSF. My first deck is a street deck with a thrash graphic of a wolf paw and scratches. 
The image represents my brand Lone Wolf Skates. Lone Wolf Skates exists to be the savages of the streets. I’m inspired by brands like Death Wish and sketchy, grimy art styles. Lone Wolf is not clean, it’s for skaters who don’t care about how their tricks look. The important thing is that they can do it. 
I made this board by pressing 7 layers of hard rock Canadian maple in a Roarockit Airpress Kit. Then I scraped and sanded the board into shape. The graphic was made using a two layer tape stencil. At first it came out too perfect so I had to mess it up a little bit. I gave it a mist effect with grey and black and a healthy red splatter. The claw marks give a sense of movement in the way they slash down and across. The splatter looks like it’s the result of the movement. 
Overall I think the board turned out nicely. I think it represents the brand a lot better than I initially thought it would. The splatters and mistakes make it not perfect which is in keeping with my brand. Maybe eventually I’ll like a clean graphic but right now I want to keep it as close to my original idea as possible.