Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, October 22, 2017

ZIM x TRAP HOME


This is my second year @oaisiskateboardfactory . I am now 18 years old

and my brand is @zim_skateboards . I recently started a skate shop
@dunbatskateshack and I’m super excited to be back at OSF for my final
year.
The theme of my skate board is “Trap Barney” as a part of my “ZIM X”
capsule collection. I collaborate with local artists and take
something retro that they like but put a twist on it. This board was
collaboration with another student’s brand Trap Home. The inspiration
for this board was retro cartoons and the Trap lifestyle (being
resourceful and doing what you need to do to survive).
I used @roarockit technology to press my board on my own custom pool
deck mold with lots of concave and pop. I used a tape stencil, spray
paint and paint markers. I placed Barney as the focal point to pop out
of the board with bright colors. Finally, I used paint markers for
line work.
This board is trying to communicate the retro fun feeling Zim brand as
well as representing the Trap Home brand by staying true to your roots
while truly progressing. The graphic shows Barney on the come up, but
at the end of the day he is still Barney.
One thing I learned working on this board is that I hate working with
metallic paint because fingerprints really show up on it: I’ll
remember to wear gloves next time! You can look forward to new artists
and interesting graphics coming from my Zim X collection this year.


Image may contain: 2 people, people standing