Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, October 22, 2017

TRAP HOME


Image may contain: 1 person



























I'm 20 years old and this is my first year at OSF. I came to this
school to get a brand going and I knew a regular school just wasn’t where it was at for me. My brand is Trap Home. Trap Home was started for people staying true to their roots while truly progressing. My first board is an interesting and skateable deck with a happy feeling
graphic.
My first Trap Board consists of mixed shades and tints of pink that allow the font and pattern to really pop out. With nothing but personal thoughts and green tape, I drew up simple lettering and
transferred them to my board using stencils. I placed my new logo in the centre as the focal point.
I'm excited to get feedback from skaters and the local community about how I am making "trap" a positive thing (many people don’t recognize the resourcefulness of so called troubled people). In my first project I learned how to follow proper steps to complete work successfully; by developing my brand and future boards I will apply what I learned in
this project.