Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Bored out of my Mind by @_wearebored

Hi this is my second semester at OSF. I’m developing my brand and
making new shapes and custom grip tape. We Are Bored exists to distort
popular culture. This is my first pool deck that shows you are lost in
space with planets, stars, a galaxy and my little character guy
floating around. The grip tape side is another presentation of
floating around with a bunch of my logo faces.
I made a custom pool deck by using a mold with more concave and more
of a kick making this board nice to maneuver around the city. I have
never spray painted a galaxy before so I developed new skills and also
created the craters on the moon by layering paint to crackle it.
The grip tape was a pain in the ass! I had to cut out each face with
scissors and it hurt my hand but I think it looks really cool! Most
grip jobs are a single sheet but mine were many layers. All the pain
was worth it; I’d totally do it again to have something so original.
Image may contain: 1 person
Image may contain: 1 person