Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Keep Filmin’ by @playgroundskateboards



Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

















This is my second semester at OSF. My first semester was just
adjusting to returning to school after being out of school for 2
years. This past semester I’ve started my brand Playground Skateboards
that exists to celebrate your inner child. My brand is inspired by
childish doodles, cartoon ducks and being a kid. This board depicts my
signature duck I’ve used before filming skateboarding because this
summer I plan to start filming with my friends.
This is is the fourth board I’ve made from scratch and this was the
first time I used a modified nose shape. The nose shape was inspired
by a shape by Krooked. I learned how to use a jigsaw and how to make
sure both sides of the board are evenly mirrored. I decided to mist
all my brand colours instead of printing them flat to mimic a fast
crayon colouring book. I learned how to control the drips by the
distance I held the can of spraypaint from the board to properly mist
the droplets instead of creating flat colour spots.
This board was a lot of fun to make but next time I want to use
multiple shades within the colours. I hope to have a lot of fun using
this board while filming my friends once it gets warmer. At last OSF
pop up shop, @klyonsnaturalborn from Brooklyn bought my board, so I am
excited to see how my own board design rides!