Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Crewel Intentions



Image may contain: 1 person, standing


















My brand is Crewel Intentions and we were created to share and celebrate the strange and unusual. The style of my brand is fear/disgust/confusion and just a a smidge of cute. This board is based on a Furby which is a 90s toy that everyone was obsessed with because it was a talking robotic creature. I find Furbys terrifying because they are soft shells with mechanical innards.
To make this board I started with a standard 7 layer street deck and glued fun fur on it. I made a face plate out of foam and clay and wood glue that I painted. The eyes were made with epoxy resin to see depth in the glitter and to make them look like they follow you. The wings were an aesthetic choice to reimagine the Furby as part of my brand.
I think it turned out pretty well. I could improve by sanding the face smoother and developing my painting techniques. This was the first time I attached fun fur to a skateboard; even though this isn’t rideable it will look great on the wall! I’m looking forward to making more horror show skateboards in the future.
@crewel_intentions