Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Snare




















Hi, I am 19 years old and this is my second semester at OSF. My brand is Snare and it exists to bring exposure to the art of graffiti and the beauty of creative destruction. This mini retro board presents my noose logo in a purple colourway.
I used Canadian hard rock Maple veneers and Roarockit technology to press and seal the board. I shaped and rounded the edges up to a smooth 220 grit. In the graphic I did my logo using a stencil and added a layer of fade using purple spray paint. This technique was used to represent how graffiti doesn’t last and fades away.
I personally like the board because I don’t usually use that many different colours in my graphics. It was fun making this monotone skateboard graphic. I learned that next time I should do a lighter fade and use better can control.
@snare_writes