Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

LONEWOLF 2.0

LONEWOLF 2.0: My brand is Lonewolf Skates and this is my second year at OSF. Lonewolf Skates exist to explore and conquer the void. This year at OSF my brand has a new theme. That theme is galaxy. The reason I chose to do this is because skating is endless; there is always a new trick or a new spot and there is no end just like space. You explore the void by learning new tricks, and what's more lonely then space.

I pressed this board with the Roadrocket press kit. It has 7 plies of hard rock maple. I then found out the shape I wanted and I pressed it on my custom mold which has more concave and deeper pockets. I belt-sanded the edges and rounded them with some sand paper then finished it off with a nice 220 grit sand paper. The backround of this board is dark space with a light red and purple fade and a street style font. I finished it off with a nice layer of gloss.

I'm extremely happy with the way this board came out. I'm happy to be back here this semester to continue with a childhood dream of creating a skate company. I never thought I would be able to because I never knew where to start, but when I found OSF I saw a chance to pursue a dream and now at OSF I have to ability to take my first step in making this dream come true.