Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School!

This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program, where students earn high school credits by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio, now offers even more SK8 Entrepreneurship Opportunities & New Courses including SK8 & Art Co-ops, Native SK8 Studies, Physical Arts & Mindful Living...

APPLY NOW!!! (*Info Sessions are held every Wednesday at 9AM in the OSF Classroom during the school year.)


Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Glitterfly


I’m the seventeen year old Studio Assistant in this wonderful program. I got into this program last year when I was at the Brant Street location of Oasis. When I was there I was introduced to the skateboard factory class and I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to get into this new expanded program. Now I am in this new program in the Scadding Court Community Center and loving it. I’ve made 4 decks so far; the latest addition to my decks is my butterfly deck.

I decided to use a drawing I had in my sketch book and put it on my board, so I did. I was able to turn my drawing into a stencil for my board. For my design I used several layers of stencils because I didn’t want any breaks in my stencil. I ended up using six layers of stencils for my board.

I signed this deck with “Elixir” because I decided to put my brand that I want to start on my decks. This is the first one I have put my logo on. I am looking forward to putting my Elixir logo on all the future skateboards I will build at the Oasis Skateboard Factory!