Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Glitterfly


I’m the seventeen year old Studio Assistant in this wonderful program. I got into this program last year when I was at the Brant Street location of Oasis. When I was there I was introduced to the skateboard factory class and I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to get into this new expanded program. Now I am in this new program in the Scadding Court Community Center and loving it. I’ve made 4 decks so far; the latest addition to my decks is my butterfly deck.

I decided to use a drawing I had in my sketch book and put it on my board, so I did. I was able to turn my drawing into a stencil for my board. For my design I used several layers of stencils because I didn’t want any breaks in my stencil. I ended up using six layers of stencils for my board.

I signed this deck with “Elixir” because I decided to put my brand that I want to start on my decks. This is the first one I have put my logo on. I am looking forward to putting my Elixir logo on all the future skateboards I will build at the Oasis Skateboard Factory!