Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cosmic Dragon #2


Hey, I’m 18 years old and I love Oasis Skateboard Factory.

When Oasis started I wasn’t the best at making boards, but over the year I’ve gotten a lot better. I’m now the Studio Technician who helps everybody with boards and graphics, from how to sand to cutting stencils or masking boards. Personally I like to mask out the board: taping over the board and then cutting out the tape to then spray your graphic.

This board is the second design in my Cosmic Dragon line. The first one was “Incoming Meteor”, which featured a meteor heading towards the Earth. On this board the meteor is crashing into the desert during a sunset. The gold flames coming off the meteor will also be featured on a later board (but they’re here for a reason). When I started this board I wasn’t sure what I wanted to put on it but it came to me, a tree here, a tree there, skull over here and a cactus over there. It was a fun board to make because I learned more about fading the background and not using just one colour.

I’m loving this board and I can’t wait to make the third…and I’m sure you can’t either.