Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School!

This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program, where students earn high school credits by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio, now offers even more SK8 Entrepreneurship Opportunities & New Courses including SK8 & Art Co-ops, Native SK8 Studies, Physical Arts & Mindful Living...APPLY NOW!!! (*Info Sessions are held every Wednesday at 9AM in the OSF Classroom during the school year commencing September 6, 2017.)

UPDATE: OSF is now closed for summer and messages will not be returned until we reopen on Sept. 5. SPACES ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR SEPTEMBER REGISTRATION! To apply, come to our Wednesday, Sept. 6 9:00AM Info Session.


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wings


I have made approximately 10 decks in this program. I love this program. It has made me motivated to come to school every day and I am being really successful in this program. This is my last year here and it makes me really sad that I am leaving this program; at least I had my year here to make 10 decks and be with Craig, my amazing teacher.

The theme of my skateboard is an angel theme. I decided to make this board because I wanted to challenge myself with stencilling. My inspiration was a postcard that I got when I was at Disney at the Japanese pavilion at Epcot. I decided to change it a bit and add angel wings. The way I created this deck was by doing a masking tape stencil where I put the tape on the board and then I traced the design on the board and cut it out. I also used stencilling for the dress that is red. I used three colours white, black, and red. I created a high contrast image with the three colours I used.

With this deck I am trying to communicate beauty and elegance, and that all skateboard designs don’t have to be masculine. That’s what I try to communicate with all my boards. My personal feeling about this board is that I love it and it shows how much I have grown with stencilling and my images over this year.