Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, October 18, 2019

Bedlam Bloom



















Hi this is my first semester at OSF. My brand is Bedlam Bloom which exists to show that beauty can come from chaos. The graphic on this street deck introduces the world to my logo which is the eye in the flower which will be identifiable in all the branded products I produce this year.
An album cover, featuring sunflowers, by Tyler the Creator inspired this graphic. His use of scale in his art and vibrant colour-ways is an influence on my art style. On this board I used bright colours to contrast against the pastel background. Considering that this was the first time I spray painted, I really like how the line work in the sunflower turned out! I found that spray paint gets really thick fast, especially when layering, so next time I will apply less paint.
This was also my first time woodworking so I got a lot of help from other OSF students, especially pressing the board out of 7 layers of @roarockit Canadian Maple veneers. I was really interested to learn about the different directions of grain in the wood. After I pressed them together in an air tight vacuum bag, I began to scrape and sand the edges of the board which I found very tiring… it was satisfying in the end!
I look forward to the future here where I will create a custom Bedlam Bloom shaped skateboard. I would really appreciate it if you follow my brand @bedlambloom