Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, October 18, 2019

HUSH MODE MFG




















Hi my brand is Hush Mode. Hush Mode exists to speak for the voiceless. I believe everyone should be heard; at OSF everyone is so encouraging and creative! I designed a street sign to represent the block I live on; the block is a community like a family. The youth on my block and in Toronto will like the recognizable Toronto icon of our street sign. 
I have never worked with wood before but I was excited to get started! I pressed a set of street deck veneers with local hard-rock Canadian Maple, which is a strong material for boarding. Making a skateboard by hand was a lot harder than I imagined, but it was a great experience and the final product turned out great. I appreciated the feedback I got from Teachers and classmates which helped me complete this final street deck shape. 
I made my background bright to make the grey and black pop. I decided to centre the graphic in between the truck holes so when I set up the board with trucks and wheels you can still see the logo. I can’t wait to get this deck set up to shred it!
You’ll see many Hush Mode products coming your way this semester before I graduate from OSF. Follow my brand @HUSH.MODE.MFG