Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Hystericesoteric


























Hello, my brand is Hystericesoteric. My brand exists to open the minds of people, to celebrate everyone’s differences, and to inspire people to help each other. The theme of my skateboard is Nature, showcased by the swamp and its various creatures. The swamp shows nature in its most creepy state. My inspiration comes from artists like: Craola, Vexx, 10hundred, and Steven Rhodes. These artists are fantastic as they use whacky colours, characters, and concepts. For this board, I used East-coast hard-rock Canadian Maple wood @roarockit . For the graphics, I used painter’s tape, stencils, exacto knives, and spray paint. The lines are made using posca pens which give mostly thick outlines. There are many colours and certain areas are shinier than others conveying a look that pops out through a comic format. The texture is smooth and glossy. There is very little empty space which gives the viewer a sense of excitement and confusion. These are the emotions you would get in a swamp. I am very proud of my first skateboard, and learned a lot about the long hours and effort it takes into making art. Through the process, I learned practical carpentry and painting skills. I am already excited about my next skateboard idea and am having a lot of fun at school. @hystericesoteric