Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, October 25, 2019

EXTINCT Worldwide

























Hi, I’m a returning student to OSF and I’m starting a new brand called EXTINCT… it still incorporates monkeys (my first brand was Monkey Boss). EXTINCT exists to be a blueprint of the future. My first graphic for my new brand is about how similar moneys are to us; it’s not out of this world to see a monkey dressed and acting like us. An inspiration for this graphic is the band Gorillaz. I like how they tell a story with their art which is a comic-book style done in a dystopian future. On my deck you see a monkey soldier holding a baseball bat with my brand name on it. The background looks like the Canadian flag colours, so that makes it feel like it’s aimed more at us here in Toronto. In my brand story, chimps are battling extinction and the chimp with the bat makes it so that it’s battling us for making them go extinct.

This board is a new shape from Roarockit called the Replay. The Replay is a classic surf-shaped board. The board feature rocker to give you a stable cruise around the city. The board is pretty small compared to a regular street deck, so it’s a good size to maneuver and turn in traffic. I’m really looking forward to trying this new shape.

The next time I use this shape I want to flip the board so it has camber to see how that rides. It should be fun to ride on a board like that featuring a similar style of graphic. Watch out for EXTINCT Worldwide! @extinctworldwide