Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School!

This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program, where students earn high school credits by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio, now offers even more SK8 Entrepreneurship Opportunities & New Courses including SK8 & Art Co-ops, Native SK8 Studies, Physical Arts & Mindful Living...APPLY NOW!!! (*Info Sessions are held every Wednesday at 9AM in the OSF Classroom during the school year commencing September 6, 2017.)

UPDATE: OSF is now closed for summer and messages will not be returned until we reopen on Sept. 5. SPACES ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR SEPTEMBER REGISTRATION! To apply, come to our Wednesday, Sept. 6 9:00AM Info Session.


Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tripz


This my first semester at Oasis Skateboard Factory. This is also my very first board I have built and I’m keeping it for myself. I’m really stoked (happy) at the outcome of my deck, I worked hard on it and the hard work payed off.

The theme of the graphic on my skateboard is a psychedelic graffiti tropical design. “Tripz” is the name of my brand that I have been trying to communicate and advertise. I’m not really inspired directly by other artists, mainly by styles and types of art. I can’t really say my art is meant to be based off someone else’s at all; I’m trying to do my own thing.

I built this board from 100% Canadian Maple along with a design made from stencilling and spray painting. My board is a graffiti style design that flows with colour, fading, shape, and 3D. I’m trying to produce a psychedelic graffiti deck that appeals to modern values.

I think it turned out well, the only thing I would try and fix is the pressure cracks by sealing and finishing it faster and trying and be more careful. While stencilling, I got some spray paint where it shouldn’t be, but I cleaned it up to make it still look pretty nice (especially for my first skateboard)!