Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tripz


This my first semester at Oasis Skateboard Factory. This is also my very first board I have built and I’m keeping it for myself. I’m really stoked (happy) at the outcome of my deck, I worked hard on it and the hard work payed off.

The theme of the graphic on my skateboard is a psychedelic graffiti tropical design. “Tripz” is the name of my brand that I have been trying to communicate and advertise. I’m not really inspired directly by other artists, mainly by styles and types of art. I can’t really say my art is meant to be based off someone else’s at all; I’m trying to do my own thing.

I built this board from 100% Canadian Maple along with a design made from stencilling and spray painting. My board is a graffiti style design that flows with colour, fading, shape, and 3D. I’m trying to produce a psychedelic graffiti deck that appeals to modern values.

I think it turned out well, the only thing I would try and fix is the pressure cracks by sealing and finishing it faster and trying and be more careful. While stencilling, I got some spray paint where it shouldn’t be, but I cleaned it up to make it still look pretty nice (especially for my first skateboard)!