Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Zombie Apocalypse



This is my third semester at the Factory. This longboard represents my love for horror films. Hence the “zombie apocalypse” taking place on the underside of the board.

It is a pintail longboard, made of 100% pure Canadian maple with an added kick-tail on the backside for ample manoeuvrability, control and for pivoting. A kick-tail is also ideal for someone transitioning from a street deck to a longboard.

I used a limited colour pallet of just green on black. This gave my design lots of contrast which supported my theme and conveys a darker, nighttime atmosphere. I dipped the whole board in black, then I made stencils for the green graphics. Later I hand painted extra details of black into the design to make it pop. I also layered in some misty and drippy techniques to top it off. Finally, I added an offset racing stripe on the top that wraps over the nose and down the top of the graphic and merges into a lightening bolt.

So, if you too have a love for horror films or zombies, be sure to check it out at Fine Grind 3, our upcoming art show on Wednesday, January 26 through to February 28 at Manic Coffee (426 College St).