Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School!

This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program, where students earn high school credits by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio, now offers even more SK8 Entrepreneurship Opportunities & New Courses including SK8 & Art Co-ops, Native SK8 Studies, Physical Arts & Mindful Living...APPLY NOW!!! (*Info Sessions are held every Wednesday at 9AM in the OSF Classroom during the school year commencing September 6, 2017.)

UPDATE: OSF is now closed for summer and messages will not be returned until we reopen on Sept. 5. SPACES ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR SEPTEMBER REGISTRATION! To apply, come to our Wednesday, Sept. 6 9:00AM Info Session.


Saturday, December 18, 2010

Vert Style


I've been here at OSF for around 2 semesters and since I've been here I've made 5 boards (4 street decks and 1 custom longboard). I've started to make my own brand as well, it is called Vert, a company that is represented by animals and plant life that have the colour green in them. The theme of this custom shaped board is graffiti style writing with a simple graphic of my brand name. I wanted this board to be like a smaller version of a longboard because I find I like the shape of longboards but they're really heavy (I find longboards way to heavy to have on you all day so I wanted to make it lighter for the rider). I find being at OSF has really improved my skills in graffiti and drawing and I’m glad I could make work like this.


My board was made out of 100% maple and I had help from Ted at Roarockit to make it. I used the taping method of stencilling then cutting out the design. I used black and lime green spray paint and then sprayed it with a gloss finish. I made the graffiti of my brand name and tried to make it balance and flow out well and I think the green and black work very well together to make it stand out and make it more vibrant. I think it came out looking really good.


Overall, I think I did really well on the woodworking and the graphic on this board; I put a lot of time and effort into it and I’m very proud with the outcome.