Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Spiderman/Venom


I have been with Oasis Skateboard Factory since it started as a school. I will be leaving this year and hopefully continuing to make longboards. I really enjoyed making this board overall. I’m a fan of comic books, so when I thought of making a Spiderman/Venom board I wanted to start right away.

The process was tricky and tedious and involved multiple presses on the same mould; it also took lots of help from Ted at RoarRocket, but it was completely worth it in the end. The wood is raised up giving the character a three dimensional look and a lot of texture. I left natural blue and red wood showing in the character, but spray painted the shading on for some contrast. I really like that I did the black detail and web in wood burning.

This board was made for cruising and I'm sure any longboarder would be happy to have it!