Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wings


I’ve been a student at OSF for about two semesters and it’s been great. Oasis really helped me to get my credits and I’ve learned a lot of new art skills that I know will be useful if I plan to go to college. The theme of my board is the Wings picture of Michael Jordan. It's one of my favourite poster pictures of him, plus he’s my favourite player, and that’s why he is the inspiration for my board.

I am happy with the way the picture of Jordan with his arms outstretched fits really nicely on the custom shape that I designed and carved out myself. To make this board I had help from my teacher and a classmate when putting the lighting effects into the picture. I had help with the spraying around the board to make the halo effect around him. I used different shading and lighting techniques to highlight Jordan’s facial features and muscle tone, this really helped to make my board look complete.

I feel proud to have completed my first custom board. I really like the graphic and I think it came out really nice. If I have a chance this summer I think I’m going to try and make another custom board on my own.