Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, November 17, 2017

Boredz.

My brand Boredz has been developed since September. I’ve always made art by doodling when I’m bored. I’m interested in depicting the activities people find themselves taking part in when they are bored.

I like how skeletons look and find they’re fun to draw. As far as composition, I used two banners to draw the eye down my board. I varied my line between thick and thin to show dimension. The frame was painted in the texture that mimics wood. I chose all neutral colors, because they reflect a mood of boredom.

The black spray paint I use leaked,and seeped into the wood grain and I had to fix this with paint marker.

From making this board, I learned to wait and be patient. Cutting out the skeleton was long and tedious. Next time I will use a much simpler design!

This board will be for sale, but I can also easily see it hanging on my wall at home. Follow me and my brand on Instagram @_wearebored_

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing