Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, November 17, 2017

WZRDSK8

Image may contain: 1 person, standing



















My brand is called WZRDSK8 (wizard skate). I like playing fantasy games online, and that’s where I got my inspiration. I do my best creative work at OSF because the environment is full of people working on art.
This board contains a character (the wizard), that I’ve wanted to design for a long time. He carries a staff and wears a gauntlet that shoots fire, lightning and water.
I made this street deck using paint markers, tape stencils, and spray paint. My brand colours are purple and gold, both regal and mystical colours.
For the design, I decided that my graphic looked better in landscape format. I turned the nozzle of the spray can to make the splatter background to look like outer space. The shapes that make up the wizard are very simple and geometric, a byproduct of the stencil technique.
The street deck will be my personal board to ride. I am illustrating my brand and hoping the unusual design I made will attract people.
While making this board, I learned that stencilling is kind of hard. Next board I will make a much less elaborate design!

Follow me on Instagram @wzrdsk8