Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, November 17, 2017

TIMELESS

My brand is Timeless, it exists to interconnect the past and future with the present.
This is the first board I've made at Oasis Skateboard Factory, for this board I chose to create a street deck with a retro inspired graphic. I created this design digitally and messed around with different colour ways and ideas until I found a design that I believed people would enjoy and that would truly embrace the essence of Timeless. During the creation process I took inspiration from different albums and their artwork ranging from Jimmy Hendrix to The Weeknd. My work is heavily influenced by music of all genres and as an artist I try my best to express those influences within my designs and pieces wether it be through colours, vibe or subject matter.
For the physical design process I hand pressed and woodworked this board and then made a 5 colour way stencil, painted the graphic using spray paint and then hand painted the final touches and details with acrylic paint.
The next step for Timeless is to create designs, boards and graphics of the highest quality. My goal with my brand is to bring you a classic lifestyle that is just as the name implies, Timeless.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing