Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

GODDE$$


Image may contain: 1 person, standing




















I’m 17 years old and this is my first semester at OSF. My brand revolves around spirituality and feeling like a million bucks. My brand is based off my sense of fashion. I want to make street wear and skating chic.
I made a retro mini as my first board out of Canadian Maple using Roarockit technology. It was challenging to shape because I’ve never done woodworking before, but I definitely got better over the studio time I spent sanding it. The graphic is a repetitive pattern of hand drawn symbols based off of the well known Louis Vuitton brand pattern. I reshaped the print to incorporate my brand logo, the ankh “G”, and
stenciled it on my board. I colour matched the Montana Black brand spraypaint to the original LV pattern. When you create a new brand, a
tactic is to use a popular image so that it grabs the viewer’s eye and it makes them stop and question it. I tried to put across a luxury
brand aesthetic in my subvertising of another luxury brand’s pattern.
So far, my experience at OSF has been life changing and I can finally work on and grow my brand with all the opportunities we get here. I
can’t wait to present a variety of Godde$$ products at our January 26 Pop Up Shop!