Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, November 15, 2019

Hanahaki Pink



















I’m a student at Oasis Skateboard Factory. My brand is Hanahaki Pink. Hanahaki Pink exists to unmask the duality of Calamity and Beauty.
This is my first skateboard for my new brand. This graphic portrays a character floating above a sea of flowers, then him himself bursting with flowers. This design also features pastel colours with neon pink. Though I believe I have many inspirations in art, this specific graphic was not inspired by anything in particular.
At OSF we press the skateboards ourselves. I made this board using Roarockit technology. I pressed the deck from 7 layers of hard Canadian maple and then woodworked it to a smooth finish. To get the graphic on the board I did a tape stencil. To transfer the image onto the tape I used graphite paper then cut the image out and spray painted the stencil. I did this multiple times to get all the colours on the image.
To prep this board I did a digital version of this image. Although I didn’t get it exactly the way I wanted it, on the actual board. I still enjoyed the process.
@hanahaki_pink