Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, November 15, 2019

SHWACK

























Hi my brand is SHWHACK and it exists to enhance your outdoor experience. My inspiration comes from my passion for getting outside of the city and exploring new outdoor spaces. My past experience wilderness tripping have helped form my brand, and were the main inspiration for my first board. A paddle is an element of canoeing that propels you forward towards your destination. A skateboard will bring you to the start of your journey. I began with OSF late into the semester and although it was a tough paddle upstream to catch up with my peers, I managed to make it in time for midterms. 
I used @roarockit Canadian maple veneers to build my street deck and an original template of the paddle was created using masking tape. The lighter blues above the treeline resemble a mildly cloudy day, beneath the tree line the water gets darker as the lake gets deeper. The blue spruce treeline is used to signify the dense forest where canoe trips take place.
After completing this board, I feel I’ve completed the first step of the OSF experience. It has also helped me prepare for my future adventures, including my post-secondary plans to attend the Outdoor Adventure program at Algonquin College. Moving forward, I hope to create products that enhance peoples’ experiences in nature. You can find out more about my work at @shwhack on Instagram.