Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, November 25, 2016

CONCEPT

CONCEPT: This is my first year at Oasis Skateboard Factory. I've been boarding for about three years and stumbled on Oasis as the chance to produce my own boards. I've gone through a lot of design changes but now feel most confidant with this design. I'm inspired by the look of architectural blueprints, the geometric designs are intriguing to me.
I started with a blank deck and a full layer of white paint and then I taped off lines to form triangles. I found the design more intricate than I thought it would be at first. As random as it looks there was a coherency that i found I needed because to randomly place lines leads to the formation of boxes which i didn't want. However, you can't just not place lines or else you don't get the art.

Originally I found my designs overly complicated. Eventually i came to the conclusion that i shouldn't strive for more than I could achieve and just take what i know and roll with it.